We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable people to play a vital role in creating an unforgettable festival experience across the city of Birmingham.
Fierce Festival 2019 Volunteer Call Out!
Are you enthusiastic, reliable and passionate about the Arts? Do you want to be involved in one of the UK’s most exciting, diverse and daring displays of Live Art in 2019? If so, Fierce needs you! We are recruiting a dedicated team of reliable volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the best Arts Festival the midlands has to offer!
What is Fierce?
Fierce is a biennial festival of Live Art including theatre, music, installations, public interventions, workshops, talks and digital projects. This year we will be featuring new commissions, internationally acclaimed performances and collaborations with local organisations big and small; using venues from warehouses to theatres, galleries to the streets.
The festival will run from 15th – 20th October 2019, and we would like each volunteer to commit to working a minimum of 3 shifts lasting at least 4 hours over the duration of the week.
- It is a great opportunity to network with other like-minded creatives based both locally and internationally
- You will gain first-hand experience in helping to run a festival and build upon the skills required to make performances and events happen
- You will gain general customer service and marketing experience
- Voluntary work looks excellent on a CV, and the role will help build on skills that are desirable to employers & other organisations
- You will have FUN! We are offering concession or free tickets (subject to availability) to events, invitation to the programme launch, events leading up to the festival & the post festival party
What is the Role?
- Greet – you will be representing the Fierce brand as the main point of contact with the public, meeting and greeting audience members at installations, performances and off-site projects. This will vary for different events and may include ticket checks, selling merchandise, conducting surveys, distributing maps etc.
- Inform – you will provide information about the festival, programme and the city (to non-brummies) as a main point of contact throughout the festival
- Promote – you will support the marketing team in the run-up to the festival which may include distributing brochures, documentation, social media etc.
- Support – you will support the production team. This may involve moving equipment, furniture, running errands, etc.
If there is a specific area within the running of the festival that you would like to gain experience in please give details of this in the application form, and our volunteer coordinator will be in touch to see how we can facilitate that.
Previously this has included supporting the core team with admin tasks, gaining experience in specific production roles and having published reviews of festival events on our website.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch in the coming weeks with more information regarding your application.
You must be 18+ to volunteer at Fierce.
We are hosting some informal drop in sessions on Tuesday 10th September 2019 at the new Fierce HQ, Albert House, B4 7UD (behind McDonalds in town, by Carr’s Lane Church) running from 6 – 8pm each evening. This will be an opportunity to come along to meet the team and find out more about becoming a Fierce volunteer & how you can play a vital role in creating an unforgettable festival experience.