At Fierce we want to make sure our Festival is as accessible as we can, and we understand barriers to access can look very different to different people. So if you have specific needs we are not currently addressing, please get in touch and let us know how we can help you (email@example.com).
The majority of our festival venues are fully wheelchair accessible, with the exception of the Medicine Gallery and Vivid – both of which have stepped access. On our website we have included a link to all the specific access information pages for partner venues.
Assistance animals are welcome throughout the festival. So we can provide the best experience for you and your assistance animal, please let us know at the point of booking.
D / deaf and hearing-impaired audience
For D / deaf and hearing-impaired audience there is a wide selection of non-verbal shows & experiences including:
– Kate McIntosh | In Many Hands
– Justin Shoulder | Carrion
– Ellen Furey + Malik Nashad Sharpe | SOFTLAMP.autonomies
– Doris Uhlich | Every Body Electric
– Andrew Tay & Stephen Thompson | Make Banana Cry
– Alexandra Bachzetsis | Private: Wear a Mask When You Talk to Me
– Marco Berrettini | iFeel2
The following shows will be BSL interpreted:
– Mariana Valencia | Album | Saturday 20th October, 12pm (Midlands Arts Centre)
– Gillie Kleiman & Greg Wohead | Familiar | Saturday 20th October, 5pm (Birmingham Repertory Theatre)
Black cabs are managed by TOA who can be contacted by calling 0121 4278888. Uber assist and Uber access are both available in the city through the Uber app.
No alcohol will be available, served or on the premises at the following events:
Sandra Johnston: Here-to-Here, Notwithstanding
Begüm Erciyas: Voicing Pieces
Nigel Rolfe: P A R A D I S E U N F O L D I N G Four Shrouds
Brian Lobel: BINGE
Andrew Tay & Stephen Thompson: Make Banana Cry
Meet up for People of Colour
Artist Suriya Aisha will be hosting a Meet up for People of Colour attending the festival. This will take place on Thursday 17 October between 11.30am and 12.30pm at Kariba Coffee House. Join the Facebook event here.